Royal Pacific Institute is our school’s official name, and Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is our school’s operating name. Oshio College was established in Victoria, BC, Canada in 1999. Oshio College is Victoria’s oldest and most well-established college of traditional Chinese medicine.
Oshio College has two Victoria campuses: the Saanich Road location, at Suite #100, 3491 Saanich Road (just across from Uptown Plaza), and the Clinic at #110-1595 McKenzie Ave.
At Royal Pacific Institute, we offer an authentic traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) education. Our teachers provide high-quality instruction with many years of experience in working as doctors in clinics and hospitals as well as teaching in TCM universities and colleges in China and Canada.
Oshio College has 3 regular intake sessions per year; January, May and September. With our small class sizes, we are able to offer quality education with optimal opportunities for one on one instruction and interaction. This also gives students more opportunities to work directly with patients in the student clinic.
The Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC
Royal Pacific Institute has been accredited by The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC (formerly PCTIA) since November, 2001, and designated in British Columbia and other provinces as an “Eligible Institution” under the Canada Student Loans Act since then.
Education Quality Assurance designation
EQA: An EQA designation is an indication that a post-secondary institution meets or exceeds the provincial government’s quality assurance standards. Royal Pacific Institute’s EQA designation is recognized globally as a symbol of quality education and consumer protection. Learn more about British Columbia’s Education Quality Assurance designation.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution to apply for a study permit since June 1, 2014. The Designated Learning Institution number of Oshio College: 019329994642
College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA)
The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA) is the official professional regulatory authority that regulates the practice of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture in the province of British Columbia. Oshio College is one of the schools offering TCM educational programs recognized by CTCMA.
Why choose Oshio?
1. Small size class: The instructors and staff at Oshio believe students learn better with lots of opportunity for one on one instruction and interaction. Our smaller class sizes allow more time for instructors to answer the student’s individual questions and concerns. This also gives students more opportunities to work with patients in the student clinic
2. Oshio provides high quality instructors, with many years of experience in clinic, hospitals and teaching. Among them, Dr. Ganglin Yin has published 5 herbal medicine and acupuncture books in Chinese and in English and he is famous in TCM and acupuncture fields around the world.
3. Best curriculums to meet any challenge
4. Enroll students 3 times a year. You can take Summer off or not according to your own idea. If you spend your summer time with a semester of study, you can finish a 3-year program within 2 years, 4-year program within 2years and 8 months and 5 years within 3 years and 4 months
5. Oshio has sister schools in China and in Florida. Students can study at either of these schools after graduating from the acupuncture program and further their studies
6. High satisfaction rate from present and past students, graduates and instructors