Royal Pacific Institute is our school’s official name, and Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is our school’s operating name. Oshio College was established in Victoria, BC, Canada in 1999. Oshio College is Victoria’s oldest and most well-established college of traditional Chinese medicine.
Oshio College has two Victoria campuses: the Saanich Road location, at Suite #100, 3491 Saanich Road (just across from Uptown Plaza), and the Clinic at #110-1595 McKenzie Ave.
At Royal Pacific Institute, we offer an authentic traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) education. Our teachers provide high-quality instruction with many years of experience in working as doctors in clinics and hospitals as well as teaching in TCM universities and colleges in China and Canada.
Oshio College has 3 regular intake sessions per year; January, May and September. With our small class sizes, we are able to offer quality education with optimal opportunities for one on one instruction and interaction. This also gives students more opportunities to work directly with patients in the student clinic.
The Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC
Royal Pacific Institute has been designated by The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC since November 2001 and designated in British Columbia and other provinces as an “Eligible Institution” under the Canada Student Loans Act since then.
Education Quality Assurance designation
EQA: An EQA designation is an indication that a post-secondary institution meets or exceeds the provincial government’s quality assurance standards. Royal Pacific Institute’s EQA designation is recognized globally as a symbol of quality education and consumer protection. Learn more about British Columbia’s Education Quality Assurance designation.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution to apply for a study permit since June 1, 2014. The Designated Learning Institution number of Oshio College: 019329994642
College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA)
The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA) is the official professional regulatory authority that regulates the practice of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture in the province of British Columbia. Oshio College is one of the schools offering TCM educational programs recognized by CTCMA.
Why choose Oshio?
1. Small size class: The instructors and staff at Oshio believe students learn better with lots of opportunity for one on one instruction and interaction. Our smaller class sizes allow more time for instructors to answer the student’s individual questions and concerns. This also gives students more opportunities to work with patients in the student clinic.
2. Teaching Resources: Oshio provides high quality instructors, with many years of experience in clinic, hospitals and teaching. Among them, Dr. Ganglin Yin has published 5 herbal medicine and acupuncture books in Chinese and in English and he is famous in TCM and acupuncture fields around the world. See our staff and instructors.
3. Best curriculums to meet any challenge: For students, graduating from Royal Pacific Institute means various job opportunities. Students can choose from collaborating with other clinics or found their own business.
4. Examination: High passing rate of examinations. Offering pre-exam tutorial classes, bilingual course materials in both English and Chinese.
5. Flexible Programs: Enroll students 3 times a year. You can take summer off or not according to your own idea. If you spend your summer time with a semester of study, you can finish a 3-year program within 2 years, 4-year program within 2years and 8 months and 5 years within 3 years and 4 months.
5. Oshio has sister schools in China and in Florida. Students can study at either of these schools after graduating from the acupuncture program and further their studies.
6. High satisfaction rate from our present and past students, graduates and instructors. See testimonials from our students and staff.
7. Career Prospect: After completing a three-year program, students are eligible to take the Pan-Canadian Examination. A license of acupuncture and a degree of registered acupuncturist will be granted once passing the exam. After completing a four-year program, students may obtain a degree of Herbalist. Students completing a five-year program may obtain a degree of Doctor. For program details, see each program under academics and programs. As of registered acupuncturist, the price of acupuncture in Victoria normally range between 70-120 dollars per hour. Each clinic sets the price according to its own standard. CTCMA (College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia) does not stipulate acupuncture fees. For more information on examination and license, please visit the official website of CTCMA.
8. Traditional Chinese Medicine in Canada: According to CTCMA, an acupuncture license is permitted in various province in Canada, including British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador.
In Canada, TCM is recognized and supported by the government. In accordance with government provisions, acupuncture fees can be covered by business insurance. The government has also proposed to include Traditional Chinese Herbs in insurance. For people with low income, the government offers ten low-priced acupuncture treatments at 21 dollars per time. For more information, please visit CTCMA.